Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Video Sun Glasses My new Toy

Went out yesterday the sun was shining and I wanted to try out a new set of video sunglass that I ordered. But first I wanted to get some pictures

Palmer Alaska State Fair Grounds
What a day clear no wind  34deg







A classic picture of downtown Palmer

(And my sidecar unit Raven)



A close friend of mine picked up a set of video sunglasses
And let me take them for a trial run, I typically ride my bike with a full face helmet.
But the lens on the glasses is a kind of wide angle and I was getting to much of the inside of the helmet. That I found distracting, but without the helmet on it turned out pretty good 



What is neat about the software in the glasses it automatically breaks the video to 10 min. segments
which is great because I like to cut the videos' down to 5 or 6min. Because it gets boring

Below are the two 10 min sections 
Enjoy and I would appreciate any feedback








2 comments:

  1. If there is a way to shut off the date and time that would be good. One of the benefits of the bike mounted cameras is the video is a little easier to watch as it doesn't follow your head. Is the audio being picked up inside your helmet? It came out a lot better than some of the GoPro audio but not as good as the ones where they mounted a microphone inside of the chin guard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you on the benefits of a bike mounted camera, I like one facing forward and a second one facing rearward. And then mixing the views as your making the clip. But in my opinion any film that is longer then 6 minutes is really boring.

    I think I mentioned that wearing the glasses inside a full face helmet, I found it distracting seeing the inside top of my helmet while watching the movie.

    I the camera on order but haven't received it yet so I can't tell you for sure if the date and time can be turned off.

    When I took the video I didn't wear a helmet, and I was just talking normally.

    The great thing is the camera only costs 60.00

    I'll let me know about this when I get my own

    ReplyDelete