Saturday, May 10, 2014

Burma Road South Central Alaska

April 29th it was decided to do a short ride without doing a lot of highway riding I had suggested going down Burma road. Going in from Big Lake it is a real neat twisty route and a lot of sport bikes ride the paved part just for that. We how ever are going to extend the ride to a primitive back road. The orange underlined items are short clips.

A friend of mine put this film together and since he has a lot better skills then I have, I asked for permission to add to my blog, Thanks Noah

The Route via Garmin

This is a snapshot of the total ride that I uploaded from my Garmin
It's neat because you can zoom in and move around on the map


Part Of The Ride Itself

A idea of what the ride was about




Meet up at Big Lake exit from Parks highway


Getting ready to hit the road


The ride is on


Water Hazard

Near the Port at Point Mackenzie 







Across the water is Anchorage

I thought this was a neat picture with a military plane prepping to land at Joint Base Elmandorf 





The Bikes



The Riders



Before we called it a day I took the guys to a place I've been going for about 4 years.
A trail through the woods will take you to a point where you can get right up to Cook Inlet

But the trail down was all chewed up by pickup trucks, the wheel spacing on the side car is a little narrow to follow the same tracks. So I didn't drive down.


Beautiful Location


The View Anchorage in the distance



And then it was time to get out and get a burger

But First



Getting a little stuck





Getting out of the mud bog





Four Years Ago Same Road By Myself


180 Degree turn around in a 10th of a second






2 comments:

  1. Good set of pics Bob, I believe you showed me this road? That water hazard would have been neat to do in my URAL.....good test of the new airbox design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There were about four of those. Had to turn the power wash on my self after that trip

    ReplyDelete