Saturday, August 2, 2014

Third Stop



While we were in Washington, we really wanted to see Mt. St. Helens, DMC Sidecars
And Mount Rainer 

Bruce and Kathy suggest using a campground called Paradise which is located in Silver creek Wa.
 That would be the most centrally located



Entrance to Campground

Mount St. Helans



Camp Sites For Tents


The Camp Site at Paradise












While we were up at the visitors center the clouds built up and it started to rain. Because of the clouds you couldn't see 20 ft in front of you. We watched the movie from the park service that shows the whole history. We had to wait for about 30 min to see this movie but it was well worth it, because while we were waiting the clouds lifted and the sun came out.

The visitors center is located right on the very edge of the crater of the volcano. The end of the movie shows the explosion from so many different angles. And then the whole room goes black for about 3sec. Then the area where we were watching the movie turns out to be a curtain and they open

And this is the view we saw!!!




The land is recovering but the landscape sure changed



Me , Kathy, Bruce, Sharon at the lip of the volcano


My Bride


Mount Saint Helens Oregon 1980




But anyway on the way up to the visitor center there was restaurant and gift shop

I've been up in Alaska to long, this was the largest assembly of  Cobra  sport cars that weren't in a show that I have ever seen.
















On to DMC Side cars and then Mount Rainier 






4 comments:

  1. You're missing Mt. St. Helens in the view after the movie. Check out my post from 2010 at http://blog.machida.us/2010/07/mount-st-helens.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Richard, I see what your saying but what amazed me that the built the visitors center directly on the lip of the volcano, and when the movie was over the picture that I showed was directly from that lip

    ReplyDelete
  3. Richard the picture I have was taken from the Johnson Ridge Observatory I think the angle was off. It's still an amazing area.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is an amazing location. I was at the Johnson Creek Observatory as well when I took the picture. I love visiting the area!

    ReplyDelete